This development is a model for contemporary living. It occupies a pivotal position, linking the historic village of Blackrock and the city. The design approach sought to enhance the existing character of the site and to exploit the setting to establish a real ‘sense of place’ around a series of well-crafted landscaped courtyards, formal garden and mature landscape including many trees. The careful design of the homes reflects modern living trends, optimising comfort and quality through modern design and aims to set the standard for urban living in Cork.
Located in the heart of Blackrock, Cork, Eden is just 3 km from Cork city centre near the south bank of the River Lee, and it is adjacent to Blackrock village and Marina. There are a range of services and amenities close by including primary and secondary schools and retail facilities at Mahon Point Shopping Centre and Retail Park. The employment hub at Citygate, Mahon is Cork City’s largest office development comprising 360,000 sq. ft. of grade A, next generation office and healthcare space, and the Mater Private Hospital is within a five-minute walk.
Eden will benefit from the ongoing renewal of Blackrock Village and the planned provision of a waterside civic space. Eden also enjoys good transport links with a choice of routes to Cork City Centre.
The South Ring Road network is easily accessed at Mahon Point and this provides convenient access to Douglas village, Cork Airport, main West Cork route and the Jack Lynch tunnel to Little Island, Dublin M8 and Waterford N25.
The 202 and 215 bus routes link Blackrock to the city centre. The 219 bus route also links Blackrock to the western suburbs via Douglas on a southern orbital route.
• Elegant, quality elevations comprising brickwork and low maintenance rendered finishes
• Cobbled driveway to houses with parking for 2 cars
• uPVC fascia, soffits and gutters
DECORATION AND INTERNAL FINISHES
• Traditional panelled doors with satin and polished chrome ironmongery
• Skim plaster finish to all internal walls painted to interior designed specification
• Staircase to have white gloss painted spindles and newel posts with a solid oak handrail
• Shaker style wardrobe doors with colour co-ordinated cherrywood carcass with ample shelf and rail space in master bedroom and bedroom two
• 9-foot floor to ceiling heights at ground floor level
KITCHEN & UTILITY
• Contemporary designed fitted kitchens complete with double oven, ceramic hob, microwave and extractor hood. Fully integrated fridge freezer & dishwasher. All units have quartz work-top complete with quartz upstands
• Soft close drawers and doors with chrome mixer set
• Fitted utility room, plumbed for both washing machine and tumble dryer.
BEDROOMS, BATHROOMS & EN-SUITES
• Finished to a high specification with quality sanitary ware and fittings
• Bath screen/shower doors fitted as standard
• Main bathroom has a recessed wash hand basin/concealed cisterns to fitted vanity units complemented with quality accessories
• Quality floor and wall tiling with fully tiled shower enclosure and walls around the bath.
• Generous quantity of electrical sockets and light switches
• Recessed LED down-lighters with chrome surround provided in the entrance hall, kitchen, wc and main bathroom
• Pre-wired for intruder alarm
• All houses wired for smoke & heat detectors with battery backup
• Pre-wired for SKY multi-room, UPC and EIR.